ClayTek 3D Game Library and Editor is striving to become a full featured game programming library and game editor.
However, ClayTek 3D is very new (2004) and it will be some time until I have anything functional. Version v1.00 functionality looks far off,
and I may release a version 0.0.1 soon that will feature the editor and simple manipulations of boxes to create a world where the player
can walk around and jump on stuff. I'm a newbie so this is a big learning experience for me, but as long as there's sourceforge,
I'll continue working on this project.
Here's a breif outline of what to expect from the ClayTek v0.0.1 release
- player class (derived from camera class)
- textured cubes with collision
- textured spheres with collision
- font rendering
- ambient sound tags
- little demo where you run around this simple world as a player
Here's a breif outline of what you might expect from the ClayTek Editor v0.0.1 release
- saving/loading worlds
- ability to manipulate ambient sound tags and their properties
- ability to manipulate 3D shapes
- ability to retexture 3D shapes
- ability to set a gravitational constant
ClayTek 3D Library and Editor are being developed on the Linux platform (Slack 8.0-9.0 specifically), however all the libraries I use are platform-independent which means someone else could maintain a port to Windows, MacOS, or any other platform with ease. If someone does manage to port it, tell me so I can put it on sourceforge for the benifit of all.